No one likes the idea of having stained or yellow teeth because it can cause people to lose confidence in their smile. The good news is that there are solutions available to help brighten a stained or yellow smile. For most patients, that solution will be teeth whitening. While patients are certainly free to purchase teeth whitening kits from their local grocery store to help them with this issue, it’s always a better idea to seek professional help. Here’s why seeing a dentist for tooth whitening is better than going the DIY route.
1. Patients need to realize that not every person is the ideal candidate for teeth whitening. If a patient has severe underlying oral health issues like significant tooth decay, they may need to take care of those issues first. If they proceed with teeth whitening anyway, it could lead to pain and a worsening of the problem. Having their teeth checked in a
2. Dental Office in Alexandria VA
3. before a whitening procedure will allow patients to find out if whitening is right for them and, if not, get advice on an alternative procedure.
4. Teeth whitening kits bought in the store provide the same solution for every patient. However, dentists know that every patient’s problem is different, and for that reason they all need a customized whitening treatment. Visiting a dentist for teeth whitening means having someone to evaluate a patient’s individual needs and create a treatment plan that will be just right for their individual staining or yellowing problem.
5. The simple truth about having teeth whitening performed at a Dental Office in Alexandria VA is that the results will likely be much better and come about much more quickly. The whitening solutions included in store-bought kits are often very weak and may take months to produce any noticeable results. Because dentists have access to stronger solutions as well as special lights that activate the whitening chemicals in the gel, their professional procedures will produce better overall whitening results in much less time.
When it comes to teeth whitening, having a dentist perform the procedure Is always the better option. Not only does it keep the patient out of harm’s way, but it will always produce better results than store-bought teeth whitening kits. Patients can feel free to read the full info here and discover more about how professional teeth whitening can help them finally obtain the bright smile they’ve always dreamed of having.