There are many people that have lost their permanent teeth at a relatively young age. The most common causes of early tooth loss include getting the teeth knocked out in an accident, injury or fight, and poor dental hygiene that leads to decay and tooth extraction. When one has gaps in the mouth, the process of eating food becomes difficult. Smiling and talking well could also end up being a major challenge. To deal with this issue, you need to think about getting dental implants in River North area. Here are a few important things you should know about the process.
Dental implants are simply titanium screws that are attached to the jawbone to act as a tooth root. The important things to know as you decide on the procedure are:
• Dental implants are permanent.
• The process takes about three to six months to be completed.
• Getting implants is quite expensive, and most times it is not covered by a general health insurance plan.
• The process of implantation is challenging, and at times uncomfortable and painful. You therefore need to be ready for it.
The process starts with the dentist checking the state of a person’s mouth. This is to determine whether the implant will be supported or not. After the checkup, the dentist will set up a date for the procedure. On the other hand, if the jaw is too weak, they may start by grafting bone and adding it to the site. The next step is getting the titanium screws attached to the jawbone. This is followed by suturing the tissue and allowing time for healing. The stump and crown will be added after this.
The benefits that come with getting implants
There are many benefits that you get from choosing dental implants.
• They improve the way a person looks.
• They eliminate speech and food digestion problems.
• They strengthen the jawbone and protect other teeth from damage.
• They prevent the jaws and cheeks from collapsing.
These are the things that you need to know about getting dental implants in River North. Contact Business Name on (312) 236-8065 for more information.